The recent past has brought about a significant change in the global job market. The skill sets which used to define the applicants are no longer enough for a successful career and also for the growth of an organisation.
Employers now expect their employees to display multiple skills such as interpersonal skills, cognitive aptitude, leadership skills, teamwork and many more in addition to the technical or professional skills required for their roles.
Employees are the backbone of any organization. They are responsible for customer feedback, customer satisfaction, quality of products and events and are now considered as the brand ambassadors of the company.
Training plays a crucial role in maintaining the desired performance of employees. Training develops the desired skillsets to accomplish goals.
Training is not an option anymore; it is a necessity in the workplace
People skills are important because it is people who deliver results using their diverse skills and creativity. One of the most difficult challenges for manager or supervisors is people or more correctly man management as it requires extensive use of relationship management skills and leadership. Some of the critical soft skills identified are communication, organizational effectiveness, leadership, problem-solving, team management and change management.
A lot of these skills are based on human behaviour and a person’s capacity to react and adapt to a particular situation at a given time. The best way to develop these skills is through Outbound Experiential programs which will give them a real-world scenario to practice and develop these skills and the learnings simmer down into the subconscious mind and have longevity.
- Outbound training is an extremely effective tool for building high-performance teams.
- Based on ‘experiential learning’ this training helps organizations achieve desired results.
- It re-energizes teams, builds stronger bonds, results in self-discovery and introspection, motivates individuals and raises their self-esteem and pride. Besides leisure and fun for participants, the programme provides tremendous hidden benefits to the organization.
- Outbound programmes not only save you money at the bottom line but also raise the motivational level of participants, leading to a healthy, positive and cooperative work environment.
OBT enables participants to learn and experience the challenges in an unfamiliar ground. OBT helps participants gain powerful and immediate insights into their work situation, additionally, it also helps to:
- Bond and relate better with co-workers/employees
- Enhance Team spirit
- Inculcate Leadership and delegation qualities
- Enable them to take calculated risks
- Communicate and plan better
- Provide ease of understanding, better comprehension and longer retention
- Raises the level of interest among the participants for learning
These are some of the benefits of a successful outbound training program:
- Converting good teams into high-performance teams.
- A much stronger and well-knit team where members learn more about each other’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The higher level of motivation.
- An urge to raise performance levels.
- A sense of better ownership and empowerment.
- Better alignment of project vision, talent, and effort.
- High Return on Investment (ROI) and time is a major investment.
- Better interpersonal relations within the team.
- Loyalty and a sense of belonging to the organization.