Summer camp is an amazing place where kids come together to have fun. Within the camp setting, children develop a sense of independence as they try new adventures away from home. Summer camps are known for providing a safe environment where children gain self-confidence as they learn new skills. A camp is also a place where children develop a variety of social skills (e.g., communication, independence, resiliency and conflict resolution ability).
According to an extensive study of camper outcomes conducted by Philliber Research Associates, 70 per cent of parents report that their child gained self-confidence while at a camp. Whether they work through homesickness or tackle an activity that pushed them outside of their comfort zone, kids walk away feeling a stronger sense of personal pride and self-reliance.
Summer Camp is a place to experience activities for the first time, such as archery, Burma bridge, commando crossing, obstacle courses and much more with instructors who are passionate and knowledgeable about a diverse range of activities. The culture at summer camps encourages diversity, so kids become more willing to try new things without fear of being made fun of or ostracized by their peers.
Positive team building activities and group bonding are a big reason why children have good experiences and happy memories that last a lifetime. Each child brings their own uniqueness to the camp, and trainers are trained to celebrate and support each child’s individuality.
It’s increasingly common today for children to spend more time indoors, interacting with electronic devices rather than friends. A break from technology offers opportunities to bond with other children and adults in different ways, like supporting each other while they experience the zip-line for the first time, collaborating on a nature art project, or building a raft together and rowing it across the lake within the Empower camps premise. “These are memories that they talk about all year long,” says some parents from our previous camps.<
Top 10 things children learn at outdoor summer camps!
- Spend their day being physically active
- Experience success and become more confident
- Gain resiliency – Camp helps conquer fears
- Unplug from technology- engage the real world— real people, real activities, and real emotions
- Develop life-long skills –kids learn to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands every child’s abilities
- Grow more independent – Camp helps kids develop who they are
- Have free time for unstructured play – At camp we play!
- Learn social skills – Camp builds teamwork
- Reconnect with nature – Outdoor experience enriches kid’s perception of the world and supports healthy child development
- Make true friends –camp creates friendships
Send them to Empower Activity Summer Camps, and Experience the Difference.
“Your child will return home with bags full of confidence and self-discovery”
We will help your children relieve pressures, rejuvenate them and make them stronger to handle upcoming challenges.
More Details for the program can be found at Children Summer Camp 2020
We look forward to welcoming your children for a unique summer experience.